Knights Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get them nice and strong

4 posters

Go down

How to get them nice and strong Empty How to get them nice and strong

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 am

I say 'growing' your champs because you ALWAYS select champs (the heroes of Hall of Fame) over any regular hero... always. Did I say ALWAYS!?!

Most of this should be well known and common sense but since there were many questions and confusion... we have a category for it.

First and foremost whenever you get a champ in the tavern you ALWAYS take them and get rid of your worst standard hero. Then you IMMEDIATELY put them in formation. Then you IMMEDIATELY use them in the arena. Take them as high as you can take them each and every time. Once you've gone as far as you can with them, if you want to replace them with another hero and go a couple of levels higher that's fine, but don't waste time leveling a hero over a champ... ever. Make sure you're always using the champ in the formation for as long as you can to level them up.

You have two (2) free enhancements that you can use daily. Enhancements are used to 'grow' your heroes. The good thing is the 2 free can be used at any level so make sure that by the time you get a champ to the 2nd level that you're always using your free enhancements on them since they're harder to acquire. To use the enhancements you go to the hero screen and in the bottom box where the 'fist' is pumped up in the air, there's a little green arrow. Select that arrow and you add the enhancements there.

By the way always make sure you have your heroes at max growth before moving them to the next level.

You also gain experience by fighting in the battle screen as well. Not as much as the arena... but it helps.

Obviously training is important and you can do that every 10 hours - always select 10 hours, it gives the max training value.

And then distribution of hero experience from your lord menu is another way. Do not forget that you can get extra hero experience to distribute through exchanging resources through your alter in the economic centre. This is a good way to gain a lot of experience.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://knightsrising.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to get them nice and strong Empty Re: How to get them nice and strong

Post  Cashew Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Use always champs 4+ stars, if u get a new one replace another slot.

Cashew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 pm

I didn't even mention gems - although that's really growing battle strength and not so much champs but it applies.

My basic layout on gems is simple:

For my defensive lines (whether it's 3 or 4 swords) is defensive, vitality, agility gems.

For my attackers (siege or ranged) it's attack, leadership and defensive. These are interchangeable depending on what you have... for instance if you don't have defensive but you have vitality, use it. If you don't have leadership but you have vitality, use it. Or use agility if you have that and not defensive or leadership.... but you definitely want to make sure you're always using attack gems for these champs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisTG Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:59 pm

I know I am asking a lot but can you list which champs are attack and which are defense. I can then attempt to place the right gems with the right champs.
ChrisTG
ChrisTG

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Well the easy/basic answer is simple..... in your MAIN army the only 'defense' champs you should have in formation are melee infantry and as you know melee infantry means SWORDS only. Everything else - meaning whether it's muskets or cavalry gunmen or siege is attack.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisTG Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks Boss
ChrisTG
ChrisTG

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 am

We also didn't really talk about advanced training here and as I've discovered over the past few days many of you were unaware that you could spent copper (yes I know WHAT copper) to try and enhance your champs abilities.

If/when you actually do have some copper left over... and as you grow you'll find that if you attack and attack often you will actually end up with some (although research will still cost a pretty penny)... it's not a bad idea to try your hand at spending a bit and upping the abilities of your champs.

Go to the champ screen and advanced training and the first type is 'normal'. For 'normal' training you spend copper to try and change the champs abilities. Now.. with this compared to the other 2 types, you only spend copper BUT you also don't get to select what ability to want to try and improve, it's completely random... which means you might get lucky but more often than not you're not going to. However, compared to having to purchase diamonds this is a nice way to spend extra cash you have laying around, especially if you're going to be attacked and lose it.

With this you also have the same opportunity as with the other 2 types of advance training to deny the changes if you don't like what's been changed.

The basic growth I like to see here is for your defenders (swords) I couldn't care less about attack... in fact I want it really almost as low as possible. All of my swords right now don't have attacks over 15% and all of them have defense over 30% and vitality somewhere around 25-30% and agility around 25%. What I'm mainly looking for here is the VAST percentage to be in defense... meaning defense and vitality mostly and then agility being the next most important.

For attackers it's obviously the opposite. I want the attack percentage to be over 30% and 35% is even better and I hardly care about defense or vitality at all (unless it's cavalry gunmen and then a bit of defense is nice) and agility is the 2nd most important attribute here.

I've bought 2 scrolls to do advanced training and the rest of my training I've done with copper and I have pretty much all my 'main' champs right where I want them. Granted I've probably spent close to 3 or maybe 4 million copper to do it... but considering I find spending diamonds more important on enhancements and dust, to me it's been money well spent.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:34 am

The more I've done this the more I like it and it's quite obvious that most of the 'big' players have when you look at their champs and the attributes on them.

Most of my 'swords' right now are 10% attack and around 65-70% between defense and vitality now and 20-25% agility. Yes.. you are sacrificing a LOT of attack with your swords but they were never meant to be offensive weapons anyway. The longer it takes to take down a sword... the more opportunity you have for your ranged attack to do damage.

Speaking of which... all my ranged attackers right now are 35-40% attack and around 15% each defense and vitality and at least 30% agility. Yes, you sacrifice a TON of defense but in many cases if your swords go down, unless it's going to be a close fight, you're going to lose anyway... so the object is to have as much attack as you can to take out their defenses swords as quickly as possible.

Besides... once you 'gear' up your ranged attackers, just make sure you enhance them as best you can to make sure that at least they won't die in one or two hits.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikkelke Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 am

I second that, you should maximize your champs' attributes to the roles you give them.
Ikkelke
Ikkelke

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikkelke Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:46 am

Pffft, I have 17 champs but I can only work with 15 due to level constraint.
My tavern rewards me quicker than I can grow my hero Twisted Evil
Ikkelke
Ikkelke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum