Knights Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to do the most damage

4 posters

Go down

How to do the most damage Empty How to do the most damage

Post  Admin Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:11 am

This is the best setup that I've found so far and one that does easily twice the amount of damage as any other I've tried... and it seems to be working for most of who else has tried it as well.

Obviously the higher level of champs you have and their attack value will help.

However, try this and see how it affects your damage.

This is by position number.

1: Siege weapon: Canon or mortar is best.
2,3 and 4: Melee Infantry: Pikes
5 and 6: EMPTY
7 and 8: Ranged Infantry: Javelin Cavalry - this is important because their 'skill' is to slow the enemy
9 and 10: Melee Infantry: Muskets

Here is the play-by-play of what happens with this setup. Dark Knight charges and with ease kills your pikemen... but by default they do more damage against him than swords but what they do isn't important... nor is the siege weapon in line 1 which is the next to die.

This is where the 'trick' happens. The DK will ALWAYS go after the siege weapon next because after he kills the Pikemen in the front row the Javelin Cavalry retreats so the nearest enemy for DK to his is the siege weapon in the 2nd row. However, once he does that he's flanked by muskets and javelin cavalry on both sides. The Javelin cavalry uses their skill to 'freeze' him there and the muskets use their skill of advanced damage against a single opponent. Depending on how high a level you have will depend on how long he's 'stuck' and how much damage you do... but regardless you SHOULD absolutely do more damage this way.

Watch it play out once and you'll see what I mean.

However... after that NEVER NEVER NEVER watch it again. My defense against him generally lasts well over 1 minute and if I just start the battle then exit right out, it refreshes every 30 seconds so I get in more attacks by never watching.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://knightsrising.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to do the most damage Empty Re: How to do the most damage

Post  Cashew Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:51 pm

it's very rare i can to be online at 20:00, i cant usually help in that.

Cashew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:31 pm

By the way.... it doesn't matter if your troops are at home or not. DK exists in a different 'reality' so to speak... which means that even if your troops are away you can fight him, the only thing you can't do is change the deployment of said troops.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelewyn Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Admin wrote:By the way.... it doesn't matter if your troops are at home or not. DK exists in a different 'reality' so to speak... which means that even if your troops are away you can fight him, the only thing you can't do is change the deployment of said troops.

The problem with THIS is chances are your troops are the default formation and you won't do much damage.

Kelewyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Exactly... but I've heard many people say they can't participate at all because their troops are away, which isn't true.... you just can't change your formation.

However - and I'm going to test this today because mine will be in the arena - I'm pretty certain that if you're fighting in the arena, you just need to stop the battle and reset your formation to fight DK.... then go back into the arena and reset it and start from where you were. Since I've also heard people say they can't fight because they're in arena and I don't think that's true at all.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelewyn Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Admin wrote:Exactly... but I've heard many people say they can't participate at all because their troops are away, which isn't true.... you just can't change your formation.

However - and I'm going to test this today because mine will be in the arena - I'm pretty certain that if you're fighting in the arena, you just need to stop the battle and reset your formation to fight DK.... then go back into the arena and reset it and start from where you were. Since I've also heard people say they can't fight because they're in arena and I don't think that's true at all.

I couldn't do anything with my battle stopped until I hit Exit so I doubt this will work, but worth a try I guess. I was trying to do something with a hero and it wouldn't take.

Kelewyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Worked for me. Just have to stop the battle and do NOT exit... just click the 'x' at the top right hand of the screen as you would normally do if you're on auto-fight and don't want to sit and watch it. Then open the arena again and restart the auto-fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikkelke Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 am

Just one question,

When I check the positions in deployment I find them a bit illogical ...
Which number do you use for which position?
Is it:
1 6
2 7
3 8
4 9
5 10

?
Ikkelke
Ikkelke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 am

If you hover your cursor over the spots where you insert your champs... it tells you the 'number' position there.

but it's:

9 - 7
5 - 3
1 - 2
6 - 4
10 - 8
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ikkelke Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:36 am

Most of the time I am unavailable at 20h due to the time-consuming attention whore called my family (kidding eh).
but the times I did get to participate we never downed him because he was set on too hard.
Maybe set him on an easier setting more often? So that more people get the chance of seeing him fall once cheers
Ikkelke
Ikkelke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 am

what we figured out and I'm sure others have as well is for some insane reason it doesn't matter if you beat him or not, you still get the rewards OTHER than the cash reward for defeating him... and obviously people will not get as much alliance benefit since they're not doing as much damage but alliance benefit is generally useless compared to the gifts you get and the gifts on the hard level are MUCH preferred - especially to those participating. that's why we do it on hard more often than not.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum